Fertility management is not just for women who are having a hard time conceiving. We recommend that our patients talk to their doctors prior to trying to get pregnant, as we are able to help you prepare your body to raise a healthy baby. From tips on healthy eating to fertility questions, we are here to help you manage your options.
Infertility is defined as the inability to conceive after one year of actively trying to do so. It is at this point that our physicians will recommend fertility testing. If a woman is 35 year of age or older, or if there is a known risk factor regarding fertility, we investigate sooner. Please be aware that some health conditions are more likely to cause fertility issues. Please speak with your Ruch Clinic provider if you have any concerns, especially about the following:
- Irregular periods or no menstrual periods
- Very painful periods
- Pelvic inflammatory disease
- More than one miscarriage
- Previous pelvic or abdominal surgery
- Medical conditions such as diabetes, hyptertension, clotting risks, seizure disorder, etc.